Thursday, April 11, 2013

Testing with Time Attack Champion Bo Nielsen

What does a two time Time Attack champion do after a bad weekend? Well, he goes back to where it all went wrong, does a bit of nip tuck and hey presto Bo Nielsen and his Astra VXR are lapping Cadwell Park in 1.44. 

image



We have returned to Cadwell and it may still be still be freezing cold, but the second round of Time Attack is just around the corner, now is the time to see what Bo can really do.

By lunch time, Bo's laps are down to 1.41, and the request for passenger laps are coming in thick and fast. Disappointed Bo didn't scare me, we are on the look out for someone who will be scared of going round corners at 150kph.

Does Bo ever scare himself? The answer is probably quite obvious:

"No. If you get scared in one corner you'll loose it in the next. You can't be scared, I do sometimes go 'mmmm', but i'm never scared."

My second passenger lap after lunch was much more eventful!

It was faster, there was more traffic and I have to admit I was holding on tight round the Gooseneck and I had my mouth open the whole time.

Bo was beaming when we go out of the the car:

"It's far more fun when it's like that, isn't it?"

Despite being the fastest car here, Bo's work won't be done at the end of the day with a long drive home to look forward to without his car.

So what was Bo's fast lap on new tyres I hear you ask? Well Time Attackers, you'll have to wait until round two at Knockhill for the answer to that!

image

No comments:

Post a Comment